THERE ARE A NUMBER OF THINGS THAT YOU MIGHT WANT TO BRING WITH YOU.
- CASH — Most garage sales and mobile food vendors will not accept checks nor are they set up to take credit cards.
- A SUN HAT and JACKET OR COAT — Nebraska weather in late September is rather unpredictable. It can be beautiful fall weather, or is can be chilly (50 deg.), windy, rainy, or all of the above in one weekend.
- YOUR PILLOW and a SLEEPING BAG — This is said in jest, however, if you plan to stay overnight and do not have reservations, you may find yourself scrambling for a place to sleep.
- YOUR SENSE OF ADVENTURE — Come prepared to to have fun and make new friends in unexpected places.
- And above all, PLEASE BRING YOUR BRAIN! Your DRIVING BRAIN that is. Nobody has been seriously hurt YET, but a number of narrow misses.
Examples . . . . . . . . . .
- Drivers suddenly stop their car and the car following could not stop in time.
- Drivers are so preoccupied with getting to the next sale they forget to look…. and turn in front of oncoming traffic.
- Drivers parking on the shoulder of the highway (illegal parking), fling open their car door and step out in front of moving traffic.
REMEMBER: The people with the sirens, badges and traffic ticket books are also on the highways during JUNK JAUNT®, trying to keep you safe. Do not let one careless moment spoil your JUNK JAUNT® experience.
The “Burma-Shave” ditties scattered throughout the Shopper Guide are not just for your entertainment, they carry a Safety Message as well!