Must I charge sales tax on my sale items?

As the JUNK JAUNT® Motto states, “You are limited only by your imagination and the law.”

The sales tax laws, according to the Department of Revenue representatives, say:

“If you have more than 2 garage sales per year you are considered a business, and required by Nebraska law, to charge and submit sales tax, both Nebraska sales tax and city sales tax, where applicable.”       Not all towns have a city sales tax, so check it out.

The Nebraska’s  JUNK JAUNT®  General Committee,  does not require proof of a Sales Tax License or Food License, however, we have no control over spot-checks by the Department of Revenue or the Department of Agriculture.    If in doubt, we suggest that you obtain the proper licenses.   It is always better to be safe than sorry!!!!

Posted in: Common Vendor Info Questions (click ? for answers), Common Vendor Registration Questions (click ? for answers)