Can I set up a food stand?

Yes, you may set up a food stand or hold a bake sale.    

  • Midwestern cooks have a reputation for having “great cooks”,  and travelers are looking for “the very best” food they have ever tasted.
  • You may sell home baked items, home canned, home grown or commercially prepared food items.
  • However, a word of warning:   It is your responsibility to learn about and abide by the Nebraska Food Laws. (see link below)
  • Mobile food stands must have a Restaurant or Food Service license and a Nebraska Sales Tax license, as they are considered Commercial Food Services.
  • Remember, you will realize better sales with a Junk Jaunt® Vendor Registration.   At least 15,000 Junk Jaunters will read the Shopper Guide listings..

ALL prepared food or fresh produce sales are subject to state and local health laws, as published by:

Nebraska Department of Agriculture
301 Centennial Mall South,
PO Box 95064
Lincoln, NE 68509-5064
Phone: 402-471-2538
Web Site:

Posted in: Common Vendor Info Questions (click ? for answers)